Visitor Services Assistants (VSAs) serve in a highly visible and key role at the Pérez Art Museum Miami. As representatives of the Museum and the PAMM team at large, VSAs should be polite, knowledgeable and attentive to the needs of all Museum visitors, as well as professional in personal presence and demeanor. As the first point of contact for PAMM guests, VSAs should be prepared to offer prompt, consistent and superior service whether selling admission, greeting tours or groups, checking items (from suitcases to strollers) answering the telephone, directing calls or providing Museum orientation or directions. VSAs are expected to anticipate visitors’ many and varied needs, and graciously provide information and/or assistance in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Knowledgeable in standard computer applications and programs e.g., MS Word, Adobe Reader, Internet/Email, file management and database familiarity required.
- Previous experience in customer service preferred.
- Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people and partnering with various teams within the Museum.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Genuine interest in or enthusiasm for contemporary art; background in studio arts
or art history helpful.
- Broad general knowledge and interest in the community of Miami and surrounding region (particularly area attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.)
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Assist with Museum reception and visitor services; meeting and greeting the general public at the Museum’s lobby reception desk.
- Provide accurate information about the Museum, exhibitions, educational or planned programs and special events, plus Miami travel and destination related guidance as necessary.
- Sell admission, tickets, and assist with reservations for Museum programs and special exhibitions in person, over the phone, or via mail/email.
- Sell memberships and provide PAMM membership/benefits information.
- Handle and balance cash/credit transactions utilizing a Point of Sale/database constituent management system.
- Answer the main Museum phone extension, as well as provide occasional coverage for Museum Receptionist (including interoffice mail distribution).
- Assist with registration and guest reception during featured or special events.
- Extend reception to school tours (greet school chaperones, assist with group division, facilitate gallery transitions for the teaching artist, etc.)
- Assist in assuring a safe environment for both artwork and visitors alike.
- (Reminding visitors of Museum etiquette – no touching, photography policy, etc.)
- Provide coverage when necessary for all workstations within Visitor Services.
- Solve basic Museum visitor concerns and respond/note visitor complaints.
- Perform office, floor and gallery tasks: greeting, ticket-taking, restocking printed materials, providing breaks for coworkers, printing and folding programs, stuffing envelopes, completing confirmation letters, filing, etc.
- Provide support as needed for other departments within the Museum.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas, and openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- VSAs must be able to stand for up to 9 hours a day with 2 scheduled breaks.
- VSAs must be able to sit in a confined location for up to 9 hours a day with 2 scheduled breaks.
- VSAs must be able to lift up to 30lbs of weight over their heads.
- VSAs must be able to work in a confined space bending and lifting for up to 9 hours with 2 scheduled breaks.
- VSAs must be able-bodied and physically flexible to work with and assist groups of school age children visiting the Museum.
Email your cover letter, resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org