With an emphasis on Accounts Payable, provides general accounting and finance support to ensure the Finance Department operates efficiently and productively.
- Position requires a four-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance along with accounting software skills and strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis in Excel.
- A thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is also required.
- Position also requires 2-4 years of general accounting experience. Non-profit accounting experience is desirable, though not mandatory.
Position also requires the following abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deliver work product within strict time demands
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on several projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish) is desirable
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Review all invoices for adherence to PAMM’s policies and controls
- Responsible for accurately entering all expenses into the accounting system
- Prepare and produce weekly check runs in accordance with PAMM’s payment policies
- Maintain vendor database in accounting system
- Manage vendor inquiries
- Prepare daily deposits
- Maintain American Express accounts
- Produce and mail 1099’s on a yearly basis
- Prepare ad hoc reports and spreadsheets
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly schedules
- Assist Finance staff with various projects and complex analysis on an as-needed basis
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas, and openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, office supplies an electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.