The Development Assistant is responsible for administrative aspects of the Major Giving Team and management of the database within the Development Department.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfortable with high profile individuals.
- Excellent problem solving skills, comfortable in high pressure situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader and Pro.
- Database management experience.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Process general, member and event donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly invoices and maintain recurring gifts database for specific donor groups.
- Assist with planning, logistics, invoicing, acknowledgment, and membership renewals.
- Maintain donor files in the Altru database - create, update, delete duplicates, and correct records.
- Answer and direct phone calls as appropriate among development team.
- Work with the calendars of the Chief Development Officer and Director of Major Gifts to schedule external and internal meetings
- Prepare materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing, scanning)
- Manage agendas and scheduling of Development department meetings with other internal departments
- Work with development team to fulfill schedule of benefits for major donors.
- Manage relationships with Art Fair Partners and collector and distribute passes for Miami Art Week.
- Processing American Express bills for the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Major Gifts, and the Director of Individual Giving
- Process event revenue payments, prepare acknowledgement and invoice letters, and other related correspondence.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, submit event logistics for development events and other duties as needed.
- Coordinate with PAMM special events team, catering, entertainment, photographers and other providers for onsite and offsite development events, as needed.
- Submit copy and art for e-communications and printed invitation forms for development events.
- Assemble materials for events as needed.
- Serve as onsite registration personnel for key donor events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) including files, office supplies and electronic equipment
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation
- Availability to work extended evening and weekend hours.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deliver work product within strict time demands.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on several projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and flexibility.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.